Osu Oxford Street 18th Lane, PO Box 3445 Accralocation_on
Write to the Embassy mail
Since 2006, Côte d'Ivoire has initiated the new ordinary biometric passport. The putting into circulation of this passport responds to three major concerns:
• Make secure documents available to Ivorian citizens
• Adapt travel documents to international standards
• Have a good mastery of migratory flows (the origin, destination and stay of all people crossing Ivorian borders).
The replacement of the current ordinary passport by the new biometric smart passport is motivated by a double requirement; internal and international.
Internally, the current mode of production of the ordinary Ivorian passport is manual because it is carried out by pasting photos and writing personalization information by hand. Consequently, the deadlines for issuing users lengthen during the period. high demand and is exposed to falsifications, failures of reliable security standards.
At the international level, the modernization of the Ivorian ordinary passport is also an obligation incumbent on the Ivorian authorities which is its source of decisions taken by the 23rd session of the Conference of Heads of State and Government of the Community of States of the West Africa (ECOWAS) and by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in 2002 and 2003 following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 against the United States of America. Added to this are the increasingly pressing demands of Western states in general and the United States in particular to allow access to their territories only to persons holding a biometric or electronic passport.
Delivery time: 30 days
All applicants must go personally to the Embassy with the following documents:
- A passport application form to fill online at https://monpasseport.ci;
- An online payment receipt from https://monpasseport.ci;
- A photocopy of the national identity card or the original identity certificate;
Mandatory additional documents for minors:
- Legalized parental authorization.
Additional documents in case of lost passport:
- A certificate of declaration of loss
• What is the role of the Ivory Coast Embassies abroad in the event of loss of a travel document?
The Ivory Coast Embassies abroad are responsible for disseminating information so that all countries of the world are informed.